Next Germany manager: 5 contenders to replace Joachim Löw – from Stefan Kuntz to Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp is expected to be among the favourites to be named next Germany manager following news that Joachim Low will step down after Euro 2020.

The Liverpool boss has previously said he would be interested in the role “in the future” and could be even more tempted following a disastrous season at Anfield.

Following Germany’s 6-0 loss to Spain last November, Klopp was installed as second favourite to replace Low behind under-21 boss Stefan Kuntz.

When asked if he was interested in the job, Klopp told reporters: “Wow, I thought that is one of the questions I answered most often in my life! 

Next Germany manager odds

  • Stefan Kuntz – 5-2
  • Jurgen Klopp – 4-1
  • Arsene Wenger – 7-1
  • Jurgen Klinsmann – 10-1
  • Julian Nagelsmann – 10-1

As of November 2020, following Germany’s defeat to Spain

“In the future, maybe. Now? No. I have no time, I have a job – a pretty intense job by the way!

“I’m not sure if anyone asked for me or whatever, but if they don’t know, I have a job at Liverpool. And even though the weather is bad again, I like it! 

“I’m responsible for a lot of things here, so I will not go and search for another challenge. I have enough challenges after waking up in the morning!”

Speaking in 2018, he also said: “If I am asked one day and I am available then I would think about it.

“But am I thinking about it right now, in my current situation when I am tied to Liverpool for the next four years and because Germany have just played a bad World Cup? No. I’m not available.”

Klopp’s Anfield contract runs until 2024 but he is now the second favourite Premier League manager to lose his job next following six straight home defeats.

Why is Low leaving Germany?

File photo dated 21-03-2017 of Germany manager Joachim Low. Issue date: Tuesday March 9, 2021. PA Photo. Joachim Low will step down from his role as Germany manager following Euro 2020 after asking to end his contract early, the German Football Association has announced. See PA story SOCCER Germany. Photo credit should read Nick Potts/PA Wire.
Low led Germany to World Cup glory in 2014 (Photo: PA)

Low initially joined the German national team as assistant coach to Jurgen Klinsmann in 2004 before taking the reins after their home World Cup two years later.

The 61-year-old led his country to World Cup glory in 2014 but has decided to finish his contract a season early.

“I take this step very consciously, full of pride and enormous gratitude, but at the same time continue to be very motivated when it comes to the upcoming European Championship tournament,” Löw said in a statement posted on the German football association (DFB) website. 

“Proud, because it is something very special and an honour for me to be involved in my country. And because I have been able to work with the best footballers in the country for almost 17 years and support them in their development. ,

“I have great triumphs with them and painful defeats, but above all many wonderful and magical moments – not just winning the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

I am and will remain grateful to the DFB, which has always provided me and the team with an ideal working environment.”

DFB President Fritz Keller said: “I have great respect for Joachim Löw’s decision. The DFB knows what he has in Jogi, he is one of the greatest coaches in world football. Jogi Löw has had German football like no other for years Not only because of his sporting achievements, but also because of his empathy and humanity. The fact that he informed us about his decision at an early stage is very decent. He gives us the DFB the necessary time, calmly and a sense of proportion to name his successor.”



from Football – inews.co.uk https://ift.tt/3kWVfGy

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyright webdailytips. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget