Jack Grealish hoping to make Euro 2020 impact after watching England’s 2018 World Cup in Marbella and Ibiza

Jack Grealish admits he is desperate to play a prominent role in this month’s European Championships having watched England’s 2018 World Cup campaign from the beaches of Marbella and Ibiza.

The Aston Villa midfielder targeted a place in Gareth Southgate’s squad from the start of the season and having made the cut, is now keen to help generate the feel-good factor that accompanied the Three Lions’s progress to the last four in Russia three years ago.

“I went to Marbella and Ibiza and I remember that whole summer actually, because of obviously what happened,” he said. “I think that was one summer where it was as if like Gareth and the lads brought the whole nation together, just from the way they played at that World Cup.

“In the last two or three years everyone has talked about that summer of 2018 and me watching on was unbelievable but being part of it is what I’ve wanted to do all season.

Read More - Featured Image

“I had my aims with my club this season but my number one aim for the whole season was to get in the squad and thankfully I’ve done it and hopefully I can be part of a good summer.”

Grealish has been allocated the number seven shirt, worn by childhood hero David Beckham.

“Every kid grew up looking up to him. I certainly did. The No 7 was a bit of an iconic number in England terms. So many great players have worn the shirt and hopefully, I can follow in their footsteps and perform well in it.”



from Football – inews.co.uk https://ift.tt/34JmqNF

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyright webdailytips. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget